For Content Creators (people creating tours)
- Anybody can create a Pictour self-guided photo tour, but in order to list tours for sale in the marketplace all new members must be “approved to sell.” In order to get approved, you must submit your first tour for approval – Just hit the “SUBMIT” button on the “Tour Overview” page. Your tour will be checked for quality. Once your first tour gets approved you can automatically submit as many subsequent tours as you wish. The more you list, the more money you can make.
- There are some minimum requirements that must be met in order to submit a tour.
- Content creators set their own prices for their tours. Just ask yourself what you personally would pay to have that tour and set your price accordingly. You can always go back and edit any of your tours, which includes the option to change the price.
- Participating photographers will receive 50% of the profits of any sales of their tours.
- You must have a valid Paypal account and set up your profile with the appropriate email address in order to receive your payouts. Payouts will be generated once per month and automatically sent to you.
For Folks Buying Tours
- Pictour is still in Beta at this point and the marketplace is not yet open for purchasing. We are waiting to gather a good variety of tours in various locations. Please help spread the word by telling your photographer friends about the app. The more people we have in the community, the faster we can open the marketplace.
- When the marketplace opens you will be able to scroll through some sample photos of each available tour. Once you purchase a tour, it will “unlock” and you will be able to see all the photos, along with the photo details and notes from the creator, as well as the exact pin location of where the photograph was taken. Just hit “navigate” to use your phone’s mapping system to take you to the exact spot to shoot.
- You will be able to contact the creator directly with questions or issues with your purchased tour.
For Everybody – Please Photograph Responsibly
Please keep our fragile Mother Earth in mind when picking your photo spots. We understand the desire to get the great shot, but Pictour, in no way, wants to encourage the sharing of sensitive environmental locations. You may not think that going off the trail for a photograph is not a big deal, but by publicly sharing these spots and encouraging hundreds or thousands of others to do the same, we can collectively make a negative impact. Please commit to doing your very best to always put the environment first and abide by these rules:
- Tread lightly. Please refrain from going off designated trails, stepping on vegetation or intruding upon protected wildlife areas. Do not disrupt the natural habitat of any living creatures.
- Leave no trace. Never litter or leave anything behind.
- Be respectful of private property. Do not trespass and never enter upon private property. Do not include photos of any private property and certainly do not encourage hundreds or thousands of other photographers to show up at somebody house to photograph their beautiful front door. Long distance shots of unrecognizable or public buildings are allowed, but please, no private property.
- Please refrain from “cleaning the scene” by altering nature. No breaking branches, moving large rocks, clearing brush. Please ensure that the scene looks exactly the same way when you leave as it did when you approached.
- Promise to use common sense and keep in mind that the photos and locations that you share may be used by many many other photographers. Always think about the consequences before adding any photos to your tour.
- Do not include photos of recognizable people. Portraits are not relevant for a Pictour, self-guided tour. Including photos of unrecognizable people in landscapes or city shots is fine.
- Always respect boundaries and posted signs.
- Always respect signs that indicate that photography is not allowed.